Did you know that the Bengali word for museum is “jadughor”, meaning magic room. Isn’t that a wonderful thought? We all work in magic rooms.
However, those magic rooms can be beasts to manage.
From day to day operations to policy writing, from safeguarding to volunteer recruitment, from collections care to marketing, from interpretation to visitor services, museum management all encompassing. Fascinating but it can be overwhelming!
Don’t be overwhelmed. I can help guide you through the everyday, the occasional and the unusual aspects of this role, helping you make the most of it and your museum.
- Fundraising – grants, trusts, crowd funding, memberships…
- Museum MOT – a review of where you are and where you want to be
- Policy Prescriptions
- Policy templates and guidance
- The trick to effective meetings
- Marketing and social media
- Visitor service and front of house
- Community consultations
- Visitor engagement
Copyright The Collett Consultancy 2022